S&S Parts

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 22:59:08 -0500

At 10:02 PM 11/18/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Please accept my apology, I stand corrected.
>
>My own experience with the parts department consists of several orders where
>I left messages and sent a fax to please be contacted by phone as I have no
>fax machine.  I used the customer's fax and those of friends, but driving
>half an hour each way to do one transaction gets time consuming.  The local
>office supply shop charges a fortune to send faxes, and it kind of takes the
>joy out of being a small town, laid back (the business part) tuner/tech.
>
>I grew up in NYC, and left to get away from that stuff!  I guess my
>frustration got the better of me.  Sorry.
>
>Karin Schmitt
>Florida Keys

Karin,
Through MSWord I can fax straight out of the computer to the suppliers.
Chances are that you have a fax in your computer and are unaware of it.
The only drawback is that is does not scan, but a composed letter can be
faxed. I have to <print to fax> to send with Office 97 but I think there is
a Winfax in the file dragdown on earlier versions. It also receives faxes,
you can set it on auto or manual receive.

Regards,

Jon Page,  Harwich Port,  Cape Cod,  Mass.  mailto:jpage@capecod.net