baldwin console

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart@juno.com
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 21:39:43 -0600

Well, it LOOKS like leather.........  light brown stuff.  What, then are
my options?  Do I have to re-leather the hammer-butts?  I've never done
anything like that. WHAT< ME LEARN SOMETH?ING
NEW???????????????????????????  I'm not at all sure this guy would want
to pay lots of dollars for a job like that. He's had it upstairs in a
loft for about 8 years, hotter than ****, and dry as a bone. Tuning pins
quite loose.  He says he's an engineer...............  Not very
engineer-like to leave a piano in an environment like that. I did about a
50-cent pitch raise, told him to put a couple bowls of water near the
piano on the floor, which "might" help, though it could play havoc with
the miserable tuning.
les b