Corea Concert in Bergen

ginacarter ginacarter@email.msn.com
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 14:40:57 -0500

Ed,

I also do the same. Minimum of one day, preferably more; minimum 2 hours for
Concert Prep (another of LaRoy's terms).

I got the same advice from LaRoy many years ago and I've followed it
faithfully. Thank goodness for LaRoy.

One tidbit to offer: get to know the back-stage crew. They can make or break
you. Work with them and they will work with you. They're just trying to get
their job done just like us. When you let them know you understand that,
they will generally go out of their way to help. Yes, that means that on a
rare occasion, I may have to start tuning with background noise going on.
However, when that does occur, the crew tries their best to keep it down as
much as possible and get out of my way asap.

I worked with Corea many years ago. Nice as he could be, fun experience.

Gina