Corea Concert anywhere,but this time in Bergen

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 03:51:44 +0100

Antares wrote:

> I have, as a Yamaha tech, worked quite a number of times for Mr C. Corea,
> either at the North Sea Jazz Festival or at the Concertgebouw Amsterdam.
> I think that he is a really great pianist and he is very cordial towards
> piano technicians.
> I never had any trouble, because I made sure beforehand, that the CFIIIS had
> been there at least a day in advance and, indeed, that I could do my work
> under "normal" condidtions.
>
> elevated greetings
> Antares

This is how things should be. I am a bit miffed that after all the trouble of
bringing this fine instrument all the way from Gothenburg, sending a tech up for
two days from Stavanger, that they didnt follow through to the end. That the tech
had to leave town, and that another tech takes over, and breaks contract by not
being present through the whole concert. That in the end I was called up on stage,
not even having brought my tools with me (this was not my baby). It dont add up. In
anycase it shouldnt have happened, it was unneccessary, and it ruined the
recording. You might, Antares, convey this event to the Yamaha contacts you have.
This was definantly not good PR for the Yamaha PR tour.

Btw,, Corea was as kind and understanding an artist as I have ever met. Really a
nice guy. He took the whole thing wonderfully, and played beautifully.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway