Pitch Raises (Was re:Year??)

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 06:16:03 -0600

Dear Ed,

Pitch raises aren't fun and make our work harder.  But if the customer
doesn't have their piano tuned often enough to prevent the piano going flat
in pitch due to neglect, they should not object to an extra charge for the
pitch raise over and above the tuning charge.  They have not had their
piano tuned for years and saved lots of tuning fees over the years in the
process.  With regular tuning every 6 months, the pianos wouldn't be 40
cents flat.  Now that you have brought the piano up to pitch and done a
fine tuning, the customer is happy and rushes to their checkbook to pay
you.  Since you have done extra work, you should get paid extra.  If you
are still grumbling after you got paid, raise your price until you aren't
grumbling and your customers are!

Sincerely,
David A. Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO