white powder

Steven Lewis Schteev@flash.net
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 08:18:00 -0600

That white powder you found in the keybed is talcum powder.   They often
came from old black churches located mostly in the South. The pianist
would spread talcum powder on the keys so he/she could play "faster".
Interesting, tho... those pianos usually didn't show signs of a lot of
string breakage!
Steven Lewis
Ft. Worth