Phone messasge about S&S

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 09:32:59 -0600

>BTW, this unit does not have adjustable dags (wonder if a retrofit is in
>order(?)), and I watch for cheekblock guide wear. I have to -- the
>slightest movement away from perfect and something quits working (strike
>point, hanging dampers, sostenuto, etc.). When voicing I always have to put
>the cheekblocks in position to check, otherwise waste time fiddling with
>the action position. I know blocks in position is the usual correct way
>-anyway-, but on many pianos, I often "forget" to do it when making quick
>in/out judgements and corrections! 8-}

Hi Jim,
          I think you have answered you own question, if you are frequently
voicing this piano for this type of professional, it will save a great deal
of time long term to add some dag screws. I have done this quite often on
performance pianos.
It's only 1/2 hrs work, to drill two pilot hole and countersink them, order
the screws from Yamaha they have a nice domed type of profile for minimum
friction. Polish the heads on a buffing wheel before fitting.
Regards Roger
Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213