Jack Spring experiment (offtopic)

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 18:14:01 -0700

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999 15:09:50 -0800 Susan Kline <skline@proaxis.com>
writes:
>> BTU's you're gaining by my hot air! Not to mention all the electrons

**Oh, is that where the electrons that cause our Northern Lights are
coming from??
> I'm
> sending winging your way! So, I'm a three-way-Montana-warmer! As for
>
> calories, I'm wearing FAR, FAR too many! If only a way could be
> devised for
> me to transfer some of them to you!
>

> Sorry, this won't work. My warming device is very shiny and nicely
> waxed by
> a modern space-age polymer
NOT, NOT, NOT---------- That is a glaze - kinda like the one my eyes
appear to have sometimes. :-)
, which I only need to smear on once a
> year. I
> don't drive in Montana, you know! This is the West Coast! We take
> our
> warming devices verrrrry seriously out here.
>
> >Come
> >to think of it if the air is colder than any other given
> temperature -
> >that means that your "warming up device" will be rubbing against
> even
> >more air molecules - producing even more heat.  <GRIN>
> >
> >John R. Fortiner
>
> <GRIN> don't know about air temperatures, but our West Coast habit
> of
> speeding no doubt generates some extra frictional heat
** Yup, but that higher humidity that you have also makes a lot more heat
necessary to cause any significant change in temperature.

btw. Rain/Snow or a mix thereof was forcast for yesterday through Tues.
Sofar not a drop - or a flake.
Have a great week.

John R. Fortiner.
... like