Front Rail Pins

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:55:27 EST

pianoserv440@juno.com writes:

<< How, or with what, does one guage the pin's aligned so that the  axis
 that defines the narrowest portion of the front rail pin is in the
 correct position ie. as in a new piano??
 All I could do was "eyeball" them into position and there has to be a
 better way.
 Still learning and thanking you in advance.

 John R. Fortiner >>

The eye is a very accurate instrument to use. Line up the pins parallel with
the key. If the key is still sticking, before easing the key, try rotating
the pin a little. But I doubt it will help enough to where you won't have to
do more easing.

Willem Blees