Front Rail Pins

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:18:29 -0600

Hi John,
            If you have used the correct size cauls and the bushing is
sized 0.005"  over size. You can wiggle the key slightly, and as you turn
the pin, you will feel a very slight side to side movement when you centre
the pin in the bushing.
5min job after you get the feel.
Hope this helps.
Roger

At 06:17 PM 22/11/99 -0700, you wrote:
>List:  I am asking for info this time and will gladly attempt to absorb
>whatever you can provide regarding this:
>	I just rebushed ( and recovered ) a set of keys for a Kimball piano.
>Measured the width of the balance and front rail pins to determine which
>caul(s) to use.  Today I went out and reinstalled the set - but I had to
>ease the daylights out of the first couple of keys that I installed (
>read ERROR).  I stopped at that point and looked at my work and at the
>piano - only to discover that someone in the past had rotated the oval
>front rail pins - in some cases more than 45 degrees.
>	How, or with what, does one guage the pin's aligned so that the  axis
>that defines the narrowest portion of the front rail pin is in the
>correct position ie. as in a new piano??
>All I could do was "eyeball" them into position and there has to be a
>better way.
>Still learning and thanking you in advance.
>
>John R. Fortiner
>Billings, MT.

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.