Thanksgiving and CA

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:09:24 EST

Et Al;
 I think I have discovered even another use for CA :-)
 I am installing a piano disc system in an older Story & Clark grand. This
grand has a soild spruce plank for the key bed. (beautiful piece of wood but
that's another story)
 It also has square cast underlever brackets that protrude into the slot
where the solenoids need to go. Because of the brittleness of spruce I did
not want to trust the little spruce protuberances needed to support these
brackets.  I was planning on cutting them off and replacing them with
hardwood mounting points...glued on with CA of course.
  Then I thought well Duh!, why not soak this dry old spruce with thin CA
,allow it to set and see if it will hold the screws................Well it
worked just fine and I ended up with three little intact spruce protuberances
that are really 'hard' and even more firmly attached to the rest of the
keybed plank!!
For what it is worth :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)