Dang these puzzlers

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 22:27:54 +0100

Nice nut. Lots of things it could be actually, but I will look away from the new
stuff, as I must assume you ordered correctly weighted hammers, checked the
whippens on installing, and etc. You rule out action centers, key bushings, jack
centering, and problems with the keypins (I suppose this includes overtight
balance rail keypin holes). Knuckle problems dont really require much action
"dissasembly"

Half rounds reversed sounds like a good place to look. I suppose keys could be
rubbing somewhere, perhaps the damper lift felt was worn or a bit damaged and
hanging up just a tad ?, but then you should have perhaps noticed these when
checking the newly bushed keys.

How about friction from the capstans to underside felt of the whippen ?

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway