Sheffield wire?

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:43:12 EST

Replies to several notes on this subject:

to Horace: I should have thought of you at once as the Official Repository of
Arcane Minutiae! Thanks for the leads. I will follow up. Hubbard doesn't list
what kind of wire they have; Zuckermann lists Röslau. We got the client a
pound of some stuff (Röslau?) from American to get him by. He can hear the
difference.
---------
to Susan and to Richard Brekne, thanks for suggesting searching web; I didn't
find much under a number of different search parameters.
----------
Barrie Heaton writes:
> Stainless Steel wire
>  Tensile strength approx. 12% less than Roslau so is good for Forte
>  pianos as well.  They will make any size to order they stock 0.725mm to
>  1.50mm
>  MWG 12 - 25
>
>  Pure Sound.......

Barrie,
Thanks for the source. I am looking for smaller wire, #3 (0.3mm). I had hoped
for "in-stock" instead of special order. I don't know what the client means
by "Sheffield wire" or where he got it originally. There are two wiremakers
in Sheffield, but they don't list music wire specifically on their Web sites.

I found Hecksher's catalog online, but they carry Röslau. Do you have a
catalog for Fletcher and Newman, and do they list what kind of wire they
carry?
---------
Thanks to all,
Bob Davis