Delbert M. Gittinger 1948-1999

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:34:41 -0800

Chris, Jason, List,

I would hope that no subscriber to this list would hesitate to share such
news with
us.

"Every man's death diminishes me, for I am involved in Mankind."  - John Donne.

But for his posts to the list, I did not know Del at all; but I looked
forward to them.
Somehow, though, that limited window allowed a glimpse of a certain kind of
person behind the words.  That person reaches out to each of us as human
beings in the following from Jason's note:

	"Jason S. Gittinger, Son of the greatest man ever. "

It is one of my most ardent hopes that, when the time arrives for Andy to write
something about me, he is as proud of me as Jason is of Del.

Horace