A "Must See" Steinway

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 19:28:17 -0700

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:47:26 -0500 (EST) Stephen Birkett
<birketts@wright.aps.uoguelph.ca> writes:
> > I have traced its history and determined that the decorations
> (including
> > the murals, mother-of-pearl keys, cherubs...) date back to when
>>
> Mother of pearl is bad news to work with...a lung killer, presumably
> why
> one does not see it so often.
**Stephen, what is so bad about Mother of pearl - the fact that it gets
into our lungs as a dust (solid particulate) or is there a chemical in
the stuff that is downright bad news and if so what is it??  Just trying
to satisfy my thirst for information.
John Fortiner
Billings, MT.