breaking bass strings

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 21:53:19 -0600

>Ken -
>	The majority of the strings in this 1 yr old 7' Baldwin are breaking
>between the bass bridge and the hitch pin - about midway!
>	I had no idea 10 minutes of Gospel music could be so powerful...
>
>Mark Potter
>bases-loaded@juno.com
Hi Mark,
               Sounds as if you have a bad set of strings, I have seen
gospel players break strings, but always at the agraff or forward bridge pin.
One possible solution, if it is the player that's the problem, is to get GC
strings to rescale the bass with a heavier core wire. I had this done for a
C3 with good results.
Roger
Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.