Giving Thanks

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 10:41:31 -0500

I am alone.
I am separated by emotion and distance.
I am impaired, physically and by health.
I am getting old.
I am an orphan.

I am ever so grateful that I have a wonderful daughter, a roof over my
head, friends that love me, family that loves me.  I have experience
and knowledge I can share and I am grateful that I knew my parents and
that my daughter knows hers.  I am alive, mobile and able to do for
myself.

I am grateful that I have an active mind and have the intelligence to
use it for others benefit.

I look at the world around me and realize how fortunate I and our
nation is to be safe, without want, without fear and with a future
utterly unimaginable but a short time ago.

Let us know our faults and endeavor to improve ourselves and help
those less fortunate than we to realize their freedom and potential.

My friends I am thankful and grateful for each and everyone of _you_.

Be of good cheer for we are indeed fortunate.

Happy Thanksgiving to each and everyone of you.

With love,

		Newton Hunt