gulbransen console

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 16:11:01 -0500

This sounds to me as if the spoons are being pushed forward by the
lift rod.  The spoons may well be too long.

If this is the case and if you have a good pair of wire bending pliers
I think I would make a left and a right hand bend to shorten the
spoon.  Opposite direction in the bass.  Or drive the spoons further
through the wippen rocker.  This may be more difficult because getting
sufficient pressure on the spoons will be difficult now that they have
been bent.

Check out the situation before doing anything drastic.  Just putting
the action back on the bench should show you what the problem is.

		Newton