sick discoveries

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 17:55:14 -0600

Bad day today gang. Sinuses attacked me during the night, and I got up with
a mild fever, generally poisoned feeling, and unfit for human company (yea,
yea, hush). Fortunately, I had nothing scheduled for today and spent most
of it in the shop, where I figured I couldn't do much damage if I stayed
away from the table saw. That ought to give you some idea of the condition
I was in. Anyway, I figured I could safely epoxy in the cutoff bars and
fill the rib mortices in the rim of a grand I have in progress. During the
course of the day, I discovered two very interesting things.

When you bend over the rim to see how the fillet is looking on the bottom
side of the cutoff bar, and dip your hair in the epoxy cup, it qualifies as
a major bummer.

If you drop a plastic cup about a third full of epoxy that has been
thickened to the consistency of heavy cream, or knock it off a brace with
your head, it acts like a homemade lawn dart on the way down, with the
lighter cup rim acting like the fletching, and lands bottom down... without
spilling a bit! I was really impressed, but not quite enough to press my
luck and try it again intentionally. Might make a good toy for the neighbor
kids to take home and try out in the basement someday though. Might even be
worth mixing up a batch just for the occasion.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Say what? The hair? Oh yea, copious quantities of corn starch combed
through your hair after you've done all the appropriate acetone mopping, or
whatever your favorite stupidity repellant happens to be (perhaps vodka),
will give the residual epoxy something to stick the hairs to besides the
neighboring hairs. I lost a little, but I've managed to keep the Rogaine
away for yet another day.

Just kidding about the neighbors too. They're pretty good folks.

Ron N