Kimbal/Piano disk

PDtek@AOL.COM PDtek@AOL.COM
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 16:56:10 EST

In a message dated 11/27/99 8:55:28 AM Central Standard Time,
seminukm@cadvision.com writes:

<< Check to see if the rear dags are still there.If they were removed and not
 replaced this can cause the rear of the key frame to bounce . Listen closely
 to find if the noise is caused in the up or down motion of the solenoid.

I have never seen a keyframe bounce because the dags were gone. Besides, most
dags are more of a backstop and will keep the frame in place while moving,
but I haven't seen many dags that will hold a frame down TIGHT to the bed
with NO vertical play. Now, I have seen frames bounce where the back rail of
the frame was not shimmed to compensate for the 3/4" cut off the back of the
frame.

Dave Bunch