Is it a grey market?

ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 18:03:00 EST

Mark,

I am a Yamaha dealer and that dealer did not "make up" the story.  (I love it
when people on the list say statements to be fact when they are not
confirmed.)  I would think that it is likely not Gray Market. The only way to
know if a piano is Gray Market or not is to call Yamaha.  Mark Wisner is
happy to help when he can.

Ed Tomlinson
<<
 Your dealer is making up stories...all the Japanese Yamaha's had a letter
 prefix to the serial number until a couple of years back.

 In answer to your question, I'd say it is a gray market piano. At that age
 and if it's in good shape, right price and all that...can't be too bad, but
 the U1A was my preference.