underwriter lab (was "What would you do?")

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 00:10:40 +0100

I aggree. This is a good idea. It shouldnt be all that difficult to arrive at
a reasonable level of minimum quality to get the PTG stamp of approval.
Further the PTG should be able to provide guidelines for technicians as to
what to do in such cases as the origionator of this thread ran into. There are
lots of reasonable approaches to dealing with the problem of very low quality
production. It is a real problem, it causes undue pressure on legitimate
producers, and is a detriment to the entire industry. We, the technical
community can contribute to easing the problem.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway