Down-striking discovery and up-striking pianist

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 01 Oct 1999 13:09:00 -0600

Hi Brian,
              The difference in moisture content will sure make a
difference to the tone, going to the coast both the board and hammers will
soak up moisture like blotting paper.

Roger

At 08:28 PM 01/10/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Living and working in Johannesburg, South Africa at about 10,000 feet above
>sea level I find no noticiable difference in tone, but to be honest unless
>I took a piano down to the coast having recorded a sample or
>something......
>
>Brian Lawson
>IC PTG
>

>  What difference does this lower pressure make in the tone of a piano say
>when played at sea level and then played at 5,000 feet?  Would it make any
>difference mountain folk?
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Roger Jolly
BaldwinYamaha Piano Centre