Steinway certification for rebuilders?

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Fri, 01 Oct 1999 17:22:33 -0500

Best to my knowledge Steinway does NOT have "certified rebuilders".  If the
piano was rebuilt at Steinway at the factory in New York and they can back
this up with paperwork that is acceptable.  An independent "certified"
rebuilder however is nonsense.  Steinway would not be pleased to hear
this.  One possible explaination:  If it is a Steinway dealer that is
selling the instrument it is possible that the lady misunderstood and
simply put two and two together in the wrong order.  On the other hand if a
dealer is presenting this piano as being rebuilt by a "Steinway Certified
Rebuilder" while in truth it was rebuilt locally, THEY could be walking a
serious thin line and potential big trouble.  Look into this and let us
know.

Buyer beware!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV