Prices for rebuilding work

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Sat, 02 Oct 1999 00:18:12 PDT

Hi Brian!

  Well, your first day (?) of being self-employeed and already you're
burning the past-midnight oil :-)

  Good idea to post question, interesting to find out what kind of answers
you receive.  Over the years I have accumulated price lists from a variety
of rebuilders, most of them are, however, old, but you can figure what
tunings cost in those years vs. today's tuning costs and extrapolate the
rebuilding costs in today's terms.  Do you have a fax?  I could send you
copies.

  Yesterday I found a price list on the web from "Pianoservice Hawai'i"
called "Action rebuilding for Steinway grands" it's located at
www.pianoshawaii.com/pianoservice/steinway_rebuild.html.

  I spoke with our customer today,  she is leaving tomorrow am. for a one
month's trip to Tibet!  Said she does want to restore this piano and will
work out the details with me upon her return.

  Will write more tomorrow,  Murray wants the phone line for his computer
and I want to go to bed!

  Diane