Prices for rebuilding work

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 02 Oct 1999 13:04:44 -0400

Brian,
As you know I am not a rebuilder, but I have two thoughts that might be
helpful.  First, have you seen the "G" Piano Works Repair Labor Guide?
It is helpful in figuring out how long procedures take, which would be
helpful in coming up with prices for your services.  I have an extra
copy I could sell you if interested.  They are available from Randy
Potter, I think.

Second, if you are doing some work for a dealer, you may need to come up
with a wholesale price for the dealer (and possibly other piano
technicians) and a retail price for jobs you sell directly to the
client.  I'm sure some rebuilders on the list will be able to give more
helpful input.

Clyde Hollinger