Exchange of reading materials

JCCORDOGAN@AOL.COM JCCORDOGAN@AOL.COM
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 14:21:29 EDT

I am spending as much time as my business will allow, to post
information on my company's website that will help consumers
become more knowledgeable before purchasing a piano.  I'm not
attempting to sell and deliver pianos on the web (no "add to your
shopping cart" options); rather I'm providing a place for consumers
to get some help as well as hope that Chicagoland readers will visit
our showrooms.  The information that is there now is moreso to
help them avoid some of the many sales gimmicks than to give
background information on pianos, which I believe I needed.  It is
therefore my next project.

I was wondering if any of you have ever written information on piano
maintenance, piano construction or piano history that you would be
willing to share with me -- and allow me to share on my website.  In
return, I'll be happy to share with you other items on or off my website
(which is otherwise copyrighted), such as check-off lists and
appraisal forms (thorough and liability-limiting.)

I understand this list contains many different member profiles --
mfgrs., technicians, wholesalers, retailers, consumers... whose
viewpoints often differ on many piano-related subjects.    Much of the
information I have posted on my site is due to the veritable cesspool of
salesmanship which sadly occurs frequently in my market area, so I
don't expect those who visit my site my agree with everything therein.
My point is to indicate that I don't wish for this list to become a platform
for information contained thus far on the site.  Rather, if you like it,
please reply off list.  If you don't, please reply off list.  I respect
everyone's opinion and would value their input.

Thank you,

John Cordogan

Cordogan's Pianoland and  Cordogan's Piano Gallery
Illinois' Largest Piano Store
"More pianos than you can shake a leveling stick at"
Chicagoland's Kawai, Sauter, Estonia and Kemble dealer
www.chicagopianos.com