Finishing question/Black sanding sealer

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 22:38:32 -0600

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999 23:31:00 EDT PIANO2NR@AOL.COM writes:
> In a message dated 10/5/99 7:36:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> klavier@annap.infi.net writes:
>
> << For ebony finishes, stain makes little difference.  I fill with
> paste
>  filler, sand, use a black sanding sealer, then black lacquer.
>   >>
> Where do you get black sanding sealer?  I've been looking for a
> black primer
> for years and have only been able to find a very dark grey.
>
> Randy Mangus, RPT
Randy:  IF you are using Sherwin William's OPEX black lacquer they (
Sherwin Williams) specify a particular primer to be applied first.  That
primer IS BLACK in color.  ( If you saw the inside of my spray booth you
would have no doubt about it.)  I'm in the house currently, but if you
want the product numbers just let me know and I'll gladly get them for
you tomorrow when time allows.

John R. Fortiner
email: pianoserv440@juno.com