Sustain pedal plastic

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 14:54:10 -0400

Bill,

If it is a vertical piano, it might be a broken pedal prop bolt.  It's not
plastic, but I find a broken one from time to time, and it would make a pretty
significant noise if it left loose while the pedal was depressed, I would think.
Also, it goes from the pedal to the damper pedal lever, which she might very well
have called the pedal rod.

It's very difficult for clients to describe broken piano parts.  I hope you post
what you found after you make the call; I'd be interested.  Thanks!

Clyde Hollinger, RPT