rubber buttons

Roger C Hayden rchayden1@juno.com
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 16:50:06 -0400

Apsco has a box of assorted rubber buttons.  (Rubber Nails, etc.)  Buy
it.  If you don't find a match in the box, pick two that match and
replace both.  You'll find plenty of use for the rest of the buttons.

Roger Hayden, RPT

On Sat, 09 Oct 1999 17:45:45 -0700 Ed Carwithen <musicman@eoni.com>
writes:
> AAARRRGGGHHHH!  I removed the cheek blocks from a fairly NEW Samick
> grand
> piano, prepatory to working on the action.  I carefully laid the
> cheek
> block on the floor by the right leg, and the rubber button that
> protects
> the finish from the fall board promptly fell out of the cheek block
> and
> rolled two feet over to the heating vent, into which it disappeared
> forever.
>
> I tried getting a replacement from Schaff...it came, wrong size.  I
> called
> the Samick dealer in Seattle...number changed.  No new number
> available.
> Help!!!  It's bad enough that I feel like a dork for losing the dang
> thing
> in the first place, but to not be able to replace a part that comes
> 10 for
> a quarter of a dollar is really pathetic!!
>
> Suggestions???

Roger C. Hayden,  RPT
Clarks Summit, PA