"Cycles Per Sec vs. Cents/Ratio

Daleboy@AOL.COM Daleboy@AOL.COM
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 07:57:06 EDT

Dear List:
    A discussion among some musician friends has put me at the task of
finding some hard evidence pertaining to "European Concert Pitch" and just
where that is on the cycles per second scale.
    I have been attempting to search the PTG archives for some information
concerning the ratio of cycles per second and cents deviation as it pertains
to Concert Pitch, whether it be A440, A442, A435.....etc.  The question in
the group was  if the cents of deviation was equally spaced between each
change of cycles per second deviation, ie; A441= 3.6, 4.1 or 5.0 cents above
A440........A442= 8.0 9.0 or 10 cents above A440. And additionally which
cents deviation is correct.
    I had a chart on it at one time...lost it in a house fire. The archives
is reacting to me like talking to the Monolith in 2001.
    Please e-mail me privately to save on the redundancy of bandwidth. THANKS!
DALE WHITEHEAD
P.S. Actually....me thinks the real question was the ol' SATII vs. Guitar
tuner thang...