Broadwood Grand

Maxpiano@AOL.COM Maxpiano@AOL.COM
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 23:27:32 EDT

Since the original issue was slipping tuning pins, let me mention that a
customer called me last year to ask what I could do to help her old Broadwood
grand.  The job I proposed involved two changes from the authentic:  1)
cutting away the felt punching encircling the tuning pin, between the string
coil and the plate; and 2) the addition of a small amount of thin CA glue (NO
accelerator!).  How permanent the repair is, I cannot tell, but when she
called me a year later, it was holding well and was tunable.

Bill Maxim, RPT