pianotech-digest V1997 #2061

Mark Wisner MWisner@yamaha.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:42:03 -0700

Referring to

"From: "James Grebe" <pianoman@inlink.com>
Subject: Sheldon Smith type thoughts
Hi All,
With this prolonged discussion on the worth and the exclusivity of one fine technician I would offer these thoughts, especially to the fine tuners
who are at the beginning of their career...........I am sure some of you others have thoughts on this also.  What are they?"

Well said, James!  And since you asked for thoughts, IMHO, there is no shame in having a customer base servicing pianos with humble pedigrees.  A good tech can make a bigger difference in a poor piano than one already in great shape.  Of course, there is a lot to be said for, and a good living to be made, elevating the former to the latter....

Mark Wisner
Piano Service
Yamaha Corporation