Flakey Customer

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 09:28:19 -0700

Kent Swafford wrote:
>Indeed, a nice aspect of our business is that we do not work for the
>general public. Our customers are a self-selected group, a definite cut
>above the general population.

<snip>I have
>found that the concept of stiffing the piano technician occurs to only
>the tiniest minority of our customers -- too few in number to be even the
>least bit concerned about.
>
>My customers are the greatest.

I agree!

I have found that even the tiny few are practically exclusively non-musical
people: restaurant owners (though most are okay), people who are getting
a piano tuned for a visiting relative or a party.

I've also found that extremely rich, busy people are often the worst for
no-shows and late payments. I guess they are self-absorbed and have forgotten
what it is to need money. In California, I tuned for some _extremely_ poor
people, and I always felt free to offer them the chance to pay in
installments,
or by post-dated checks. They were incredibly conscientious and grateful.

We definitely work for the cream, self-selected.

Susan