Getting paid

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 21:16:44 -0400

I agree, Tom, that our clients are usually conscientious in paying for our
services.  I was part-time 1980-1992 and fulltime since then.  I think in
all that time I lost only about $75.

But I try to track down the money a little more aggressively than you do.
After I fill up an invoice book I let a month or more go by, then leaf
through it and see if I got paid from all clients.  (I have a line on the
invoice which says, "Please pay from this invoice.  Net 15 days.")  For any
who haven't paid, I send a friendly reminder letter, which nearly always
works.  If I don't get any response from that I will probably call on the
telephone.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on judgement and forgiveness, but that
subject might be a little far removed for the pianotech list.  You should
probably email me privately if you feel so moved.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger