Wound Wire breakage in churchs

Matthew J. Todd pianotech88@juno.com
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 06:26:24 -0700

Greetings to all,

I have been reading the postings about this topic with great interest.  I
play on a Mason and Hamlin at my church.  In the past two years, I have
broken 71 strings (15 bass).  We do not have a church band, just a piano,
organ, violin, and flute.  I do not play forcefully to be heard, but I
play with confidence, a quality every church pianist should have.  About
three weeks ago, I got our church piano tech to do a complete voicing and
reshaping of the hammers.  I am happy to say that not one string has
broken since then!

Matthew