What do you do with a square action?

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 04:23:21 -0200

paulmcrpt@juno.com wrote:

> a way to turn an interesting cabinet or useful keyboard into a viable
> instrument, maybe for the first time.  It offers your choice of 16 or 128
> voices ( choose the 128 voice GT 360 )...At least make it look like a nice
> historical piece, but just don't let the hammers touch the strings.

Paul, I'm with you about finding alternatives to scrapping square actions,
but I don't imagine that QuietTime was quite conceived for performance
(probably no less than they keyboard destined for the square in question,
though). For a start, I don't like any wavetable modules but I still like a
lot of squares.

Can the QuietTime sensors be configured for custom spacing; widening would
seem necessary on squares - what about narrower than usual?

Clark

ps. I'll be focusing my acoustical lenses to burn acoustical holes in
instruments I don't like from now on ;)