Mail Undeliverable: Failure Detected

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 19:18:39 EDT

Could not send message to USER: jennfee
Reason for Mail Failure below:

Message not Delivered.  Recipient's Mailbox Over Quota.

lafargue@iamerica.net writes:

<< How do you all handle insuring pianos while they are in your
 shop/possession?  I will have pianos in my shop and be sending them to
 another tech and refinisher through rebuilding projects.  Am I only
 responsible for coverage while in my possesion?  What's the smartest way to
 handle that?  What kind of insurer likes this type of policy?  I've used
 Potter, Leonard & Cahan through the Guild and have just been insuring them
 while they are with me, but I'm wondering if I'm doing the wisest thing.  Do
 you get proof of insurance before the other parties (movers, etc) take
 possession of the piano?  Any information from those who have been doing it
 a lot is appreciated.

 Lance Lafargue, RPT >>

Talk to the agent at Potter Leonard, and explain what you are doing. He will
explain what kind of coverage you need. It sounds like you need tool and
bailey converge. That protects your tools and your customer's instruments
while they are in your possession. The bailey part is very important even if
you don't do complete rebuilding, but just do action work. It covers the
action while it is your possession. Suppose you have an accident, and an
action you are taking home to regulate is completely busted. The insurance
will pay you to rebuild the action. It might even pay for a whole new piano,
(if you have the coverage), if the action is obsolete, and can't be repaired.

The other insurance you should have is property and personal liability. That
covers you in case you break that priceless antique vase, or just the front
door, and if the customers gets hurt while you are performing your job. I
carry it not so much to protect me in case I do something wrong, but in case
the customers thinks I have done something wrong, and sues me. The insurance
will pay the lawyer to defend you.

Willem Blees