Plastic (old) elbow dilemma

Jlovekeys@AOL.COM Jlovekeys@AOL.COM
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 23:00:27 EDT

Dear list,  Perhaps some of you could give some advice on my situation.
Recently a customer called and said some of her notes were broken.  After
asking a few questions, I realized that she had an old spinet with the
disentegrating elbow syndrome.  I explained to her that fixing a few would
just be a stop gap remedy and she might in fact be better off with another
piano.  As fate would have it, its a ? family heirloom (lame) and yet she
just wants the broken ones fixed and the piano tuned.  I plan on tuning the
piano first and fear that I will break many more.  She does not want to
replace them all at this point.  I feel like I might be getting into a mess
of a situation here. Perhaps I should cancel unless she wants to spring for a
complete replacement.  And even then the other plastic, if any, may soon
start crumbling.  So what do you fellows do in a situation such as this?
Thanks in advance. Jim Love /PTG Associate/Midland, Tx.