Wound Wire breakage in churchs

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 08:41:40 -0700

>> Well, I take that all back.  I just broke a string playing a special in
>> church last Sunday, so I had to modulate.  Oh well, maybe one day piano
>> technicians will care for piano's the way the owners would like them
>> too!!
>>

>> Matthew Todd
>> Woodland, WA

Don't think that the maintenance is for nothing, Matthew.
Your "confidence", or the "gospel damage" from some earlier
player who felt the spirit has left the wire already work
hardened and ready to break.

Now, if the piano had been _restrung_ as well as regulated
and the hammers replaced or reshaped, and you _still_ were
breaking wire, it might be time to consider your technique.
There are ways and ways of getting tone, you know.

Susan