Plastic elbow dilemma SOLVED!

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 18:06:16 +0200

Bill... interesting take on this... and of course there are those whose
motivations are not exactly honorable. But when you characterize all those
paragraph, then you are doing these techs an injustice. If you think its ok to
replace a few elbows in such a piano, and wait until more need changing before
doing more, then fine. As long as you do good work, no reasonable tech is going
to have a problem with that. But the flip side should be true as well. These
plastice elbows are a known problem, and waaayyyy to many techs have waaaaayyyy
to often been caught in a less then enjoyable situation by accepting such a job.
I personally share their view, and in fact I go a bit farther an choose not to
work on either bird cage pianos or drop actions. There are plenty of techs around
who actually enjoy working on the drop action, and many of these do real nice
work. So why should I not recommend a customer to one of these who are more
motivated for that kind of job ??.. I have more then enough work of the sort I
enjoy best and part of that work is actually spreading some of this kind of
excess around to other techs I know will do good work. That much I can do for
these owners. To each his own my freind... there is plenty to go around and no
harm in having an honest opinion, as long as you do honest work.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway