Laptops & printers

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:34:50 -0400

Hi Bill. Lemme' try this again. In this case, the goal is to print on-site.
Therefore porting information to/from a desktop for printing purposes is
out of the 'circuit' in this situation. Likewise for space and weight
reasons, a smallish printer is preferred. The Pilots do not contain a
printer driver, that's what the 3rd party program "IR Print" provides. So,
the recipe becomes...

Any Palm Pilot that has infrared capability (all current versions, and
retrofitted earlier models);
IR Print software;
IR capable printer, like one of those mentioned.

Then, depending on the information and "presentation" desired, the data can
be "beamed" from the Pilot to the printer. There are many sales types and
professionals currently doing this. From what I read, many people are using
the -very- small IR printers that generate something resembling a cash
register receipt. However, the IR setup doesn't care about the size of the
printer. The IR link is what is important.

Jim Harvey, RPT