Wound Wire breakage in churchs

Tue, 19 Oct 1999 21:21:14 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Matthew J. Todd <pianotech88@juno.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 1999 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: Wound Wire breakage in churchs

> ....  Maybe if
> this technician would quit using wire bought by the bulk and try the
> German made Roulau (sp?) wire, the problem will be solved.

OK.  I have to ask.  What do you mean by this?

Having used and tested quite a few pounds/kilograms of quite a few different
types of wire from several different manufacturers -- including Roslau --
I'd have to say that there is not really much difference in the toughness of
any of them.  My current favorite -- yes, it is purchased in bulk! -- is
Mapes (so-called) International Gold.  Why it is called that is anyone's
guess.  There is nothing "international" about it, nor does it contain any
gold.  But is  very good wire.

If I am doing anything experimental that might push the limits a bit, I
automatically use IG wire.  From experience I know it will stand up when
others fail.  But it does come in bulk.  And that is how we buy it.

Del