Plastic elbow dilemma SOLVED! oops!

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:23:59 +0200

ANRPiano@AOL.COM wrote:

> Maybe I should clarify my statement as well.
>
> I was thinking about a recent visit I had with a new customer who had one of
> those "I only do Steinway" tuners.  I know this gentleman, he does fantastic
> work but has a personality like 40 grit sandpaper.  He couldn't be bothered
> by such a humble piano and left in a huff.  (According to the customer of
> course.)

To each his own.. as long as the guy does an honest days work I dont see the
problem..

> True or not he did make a very bad impression for our trade and the
> guild

And just how did he do this. This is a sweeping conclusion. I would say such
"eliteism" has several positive sides in addition to the negatives some folks
point out. If there were more of them out there then perhaps the general state of
the art would be improved.

> and offended someone who was willing to spend several hundred dollars
> putting their piano into better shape.

That.. for whatever reasons it is the case, is between the customer and the other
tech. Period.

> I did enjoy taking something of a
> sow's ear and making something of a silk purse.
>
> I did not intend to impugn anyone's character or ethics, just a little
> irritated with the behavior of another tech.

Why ??? you got some work out of it.. He didnt have to do something he didnt
like, the customer got to get his piano working and even got you to listen to his
moaning about what he calls "snobishness" on the part of the other tech. Seems
like everyone is happy... or should be anyways.

> Andrew Remillard

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G. N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway