Plastic (old) elbow dilemma

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:17:39 -0500

Clyde:

Heat the wire with a propane torch until you see it turn color just a little - certainly not red!  Push it in the elbow and hold it straight until the wire cools enough to be solid (10 seconds or so).  Try it you'll like it.  I cut the old elbows off with a pair of wire cutters, cutting it lengthwise.  By now most elbows are so brittle that they fall off easily.

dave

On 10/19/99 at 10:04 PM Clyde Hollinger wrote:

>OK now, this is a totally new idea I haven't heard of before, heating the wire
>and pushing it in.  I assume you're serious.  I might give it a try if I had a
>few more details.  It appears obvious the wire has to be hot enough but not too
>hot.  How do you heat the wire?  Any potential future headaches from this?
>More details, anyone?
>
>Clyde Hollinger
>
>"David M. Porritt" wrote:
>
>> Bob:
>>
>> To me that's the only way to do it.  Heat that wire and push it in.  The
>> time saved is far more than what it takes to do a little lost motion
>> adjustment.
>>
>> dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net