Marshall & Wendell 5' Ampico

rchayden1@juno.com rchayden1@juno.com
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 12:20:48 -0700

I bought a similar piano last year.  Cleaned it up, pitched and tuned it,
etc.  My lovely wife polished the original finish.  It played and sounded
quite well, but again, the Ampico Player was totally non functional, but
rebuildable.

We contacted a player rebuilder in the Guild, (Earl Orcutt), who gave me
fair estimates for restoration.

We sold this working piano for around $3000, providing complete
information to the buyer for their consideration.  They plan on fully
restoring it in the future, but are enjoying it much now.

Resale to a rebuilder?  They have to get it cheap.  It's a lot of work.
$500 - $1000.

Roger Hayden, RPT