sostenuto pedal

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 11:42:33 -0400

Carlos,
Sorry, I am not sure of the tech support address.
Possibly  <techinfo@steinway.com>  ?

The problem with the rigid tab is when the sostenuto is released when
the damper pedal depressed, the rod flicks the lifted tabs downwards
and causes a thumping in the keys/fingers. It is possible for the tab to
be held in place by the lifted dampers if it is grabbing deeply into the tab.

Replacing the backaction with the Renner USA kit eliminates this problem
as well as new centers and springs.

Regards,

Jon Page