Restringing preparation

rchayden1@juno.com rchayden1@juno.com
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 07:57:17 -0700

I was taught to drop tension very carefully and methodically, by an RPT
tech who had a frame explode when he was raising tension!!  However,
another more experienced friend from rebuilding shops was far less timid
about it.
 I have used several methods, but have found that having a really good
set of cutters and cutting at the pin, (Yes, it's noisy), seems easiest
and fastest.  The cutters are deep, have offset jaws, are guaranteed for
life, and I got them at home Home Depot.  I still like cutting the
strings systematically to drop tension evenly.

Roger Hayden, RPT