Lid props (was Re: "VJ")

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:48:00 -0500

>Perhaps your homemade version is better?

* It seems to be, but I have no idea what I did that made it that way.

>Perhaps you should consider
>building entire pianos instead of just lid props?

* Oooooh, Harvey, you're developing a mean streak.

>Perhaps you don't use an
>impact 'method' for tuning?

* Well, yes, I sort of do. I jiggle lids pretty good when I tune, but the
prop stays in anyway. I even shim occasionally with my typewriter eraser to
get those "half the case" lids high enough to clear my hammer.

>Jim Harvey
>wonderin' if Susan thinks I ignored her request for descriptions since I
>changed the subject line.

* If anyone's interested, I could take some measurements and try to put
together a semi lucid description of  what I'm using. Then maybe someone
could tell me why it seems to work when something similar doesn't.

Ron N