Lid props (was Re: "VJ")

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 16:48:32 -0400

Hi Jim,

>(Referring to a lid prop)...They even work on the Hamilton (aka >Kenworth)
one-piece hood,
> fallboard, and upper panel...

Most of the Hamiltons that I've seen with the "Kenworth hoods" also have
that little lid prop attached to the left inside part of the 'hood' that
swings down and props it open.  I can't remember any that I've seen recently
that didn't have one.  (They're a pain when they try to fall down when
you're trying to close the 'hood'.  I've seen a number of these pianos where
someone has evidently not noticed it had come down and ended up breaking off
a couple of hammer shanks...  I'm in the habit of tightening them up if
they're that loose.)

FWIW  :-)

Regards,

Brian Trout